This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP + VLAN + Client DHCP not working

Hello,

I do have some issues with Access point and DHCP.

My config is the following one :

• I have a VLAN 22 with my clients inside. It works well, DHCP request are forwarded to my Domain Controller without any trouble.
  • I would like to add a AP on this network.
    • AP is plugged under VLAN 22 on my switch.
    • Configured like that :
    • AP receive an IP address from my domain controller DHCP as expected.
  • Radius auth is configured and working on the wireless network. The Wireless network is also bridged to the VLAN 22 :

• ISSUE : When i connect a client to this AP, no IP is delivered to my client.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Maxime

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi

Apologies; I've just deleted my post as having just looked closely at the image within your own post, I've realised that you're likely referring to adding a Sophos WAP to UTM (not a third party one) and that is something that I have not (yet) any experience in dealing with. Apologies for that.

Bri

• No worries !

I'm still fighting with this config... So if someone have others idea...

Thx !

• More details below, here is the Wireless log file, my user is authenticated, but still not able to get an IP Adress...

• Gotcha : https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/132518

You need to put the access point in a different VLAN than the final one. And to put the port in trunk mode...

• Absolutely great to hear it's now fixed and it's a shame that I deleted that post about my own system architecture (with Ubiquiti WAPs) with the 'core' devices (managed switch and WAPs) being assigned their own addresses from the native (untagged) LAN (which is only used for these 'core' devices), which is trunked (along with all the VLANs) from UTM, to switch, to WAPs (but that core network is not made available as an SSID; only the VLANs are associated with SSIDs) as it the information that it contained was more appropriate than I had assumed. It would be fun (and extremely interesting) to experiment with a Sophos WAP, but being a home user, I cannot justify annual costs for WAP licenses, just to see how it all bolts together (I think Sophos WAPs require that).

All the best

Bri :-)

• Salut Maxime and welcome to the UTM Community!

Great job of finding the answer to your question and then coming back to document the solution for other members.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I changed your thread from a Discussion to a Question so that I could mark your last post as the answer.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA