This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Opening EDIT wireless network settings and saving always results in wifi passcode being corrupted or removed

When the settings are opened, regardless if any changes are made, corrupts the wifi password and results in all wireless devices not authenticating. The passcode must be entered every time a the settings opened since the password becomes corrupted even if no changes are made. WHY? 

This has happened in every version of UTM, even 9.601-5

I am using an AP15 access point. The question is, is the passcode being changed as a security measure or some type of "self-destruct" feature in case someone gains access to the UTM and logs in, or is this some bug in the access point.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Seen similar with other vendor (not sophos until now).

do you use some special characters within wifi passcode?

Possible the passcode string is split/corrupted while loading and saved incorrectly.

try a simple / short passcode.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Yes, it's a VERY long alphanumeric password with many special characters to keep it secure. A simple password is not safe to use since even WPA2 can be cracked. I have used a shorter passcode before and have noticed that an unauthorized device had been authenticating with my network, so I changed it and since then I use complex passwords.

• Longer than 15 characters, Alan?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think the current estimate of the difficulty of breaking a password like r(tqrB2CWs:x!+cQ (16 characters) is that it would take ten million of the fastest computers working together 10 years to crack.  Then again, maybe this is a WiFi network in a nuclear missile silo...

Seriously, I'm curious, at what size does the corruption occur?  I would guess that the program that encrypts to store and then decrypts to use may have its limitations.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Until Sophos implements WPA3 on their access points, I'll continue to use sophisticated passwords. And if you think a 20 character passphrase is overkill, you should see how long my SSL VPN password is. :)

Reply Children
No Data