This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Create Mesh/Bridge to wired network

Hello Everyone,

i have the following scenario (and problem):

1x Sophos SG125W with 2x additional AP55. (Wireless-Management-VLAN is ID.6 and is successfully provisioned to the APs)

All 3 APs (1 internal AP, 1x AP55 Mesh-Root, 1x AP55 Mesh-Client) are showing up in the Wireless-Protection => Access Points Page on the Web-Admin.

I created a mesh with the 2 AP55. The mesh looks ok, as there are both APs showing up with "Mesh Peer Links" on the Wireless-Protection page.

I can Ping the Root-AP, the Mesh-AP in VLAN.6 (KISS => 192.168.6.x) and even the cascaded Switch (gave it an IP in the AP-MGMT-VLAN) behind the Mesh-Client-AP.

Here i want to connect Thin-Clients (not Wireless-Capable) and two printers to the Switch for company use.

Those devices i'd like to run them in their "native" VLANs (Clients VLAN.20 = 192.168.20.x / Printers VLAN.30 = 192.168.30.x) if possible.

How can i transport those Networks over the Bridge to the Switch.

The corresponding Interfaces are beeing created by the Sophos Firewall (Ethernet-VLAN Interfaces).

The Management-Network passes just fine by creating the Mesh.

How can the Rest beeing archieved.

I hope someone can help me with this case.

I added a picture with the logic Plan.

Would You advise to create another VLAN (eg VLAN.60) for all the Devices of the new Office mixed up together or is it easier to transport both needed VLANs over the Bridge?

Thank You all for your Input and Ideas in advance.

Greetings Franz

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Franz,

Please show pictures of the Edits of the VLAN 6 interface definition and of the related Wireless Network.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Franz,

Please show pictures of the Edits of the VLAN 6 interface definition and of the related Wireless Network.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data