This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RE: How do i get my Sophos Home UTM Setup?

Hi, again your response couldnt have been better and solved the problem. However i stumbled into problems once again. Basically i bought an AP30 access point and plugged it into the UTM, it found it successfully and i created a wireless network which uses the 'Bridge with AP LAN' however i need to create a guest network with a hotspot on it and this has proven to be problematic. I read on these forums that you need to create a separate interface to use the hotspot, so i did just that i created another 'Ethernet' Interface and assigned it to the Dynamic IP however once the Access point in plugged into that interface, i get the message State: UP Link: ERROR and the access point cannot be seen when plugged into this interface. I need to get this working so any help would be much appreciated, also as you can see from the previous messages the firewall is in bridged mode.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Instead of moving the AP 30 to a different interface, continue to leave it plugged into your LAN.  When you create a new SSID for the Guest network in 'Wireless Protection >> Wireless Networks', WebAdmin will create a virtual NIC like wlan0.  You then create a new Interface using that virtual NIC with your Guest subnet.  Finally, create a Hotspot for the Guest subnet.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Instead of moving the AP 30 to a different interface, continue to leave it plugged into your LAN.  When you create a new SSID for the Guest network in 'Wireless Protection >> Wireless Networks', WebAdmin will create a virtual NIC like wlan0.  You then create a new Interface using that virtual NIC with your Guest subnet.  Finally, create a Hotspot for the Guest subnet.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data