This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lenght limit of request redirection

I require the URL http://172.31.29.118/MicroStrategyWeb/asp/Main.aspx?Server=WIN-PPH9GU8QM3A&Project=PRMC+Analytics&Port=0&evt=4001&src=Main.aspx.4001&visMode=0&reportViewMode=1&reportID=D20AD84144160F01B76B2DB9A2DD9FCF
to be the target path of a simpler source like <mydomain>/dashboard but there is a 63 character limit to request redirection. 

Is there any way to work around the limit of the 63 characters(screenshot with error included)

Any ideas/input is appreciated

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Edo, and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't think there is a workaround, but I'm confused as to why you would want to route internal requests to internal resources through the Reverse Proxy.

I'll move this to the Web Server Security forum where others can find it.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hey Bob, tnx for the welcome

It's really only for internal URL shortening

• I think you will need to do a redirect in your server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • This is a limitation. We have some very long URL's that could do with being placed in here.

1. 63 characters isn't enough and redirection on the web server doesn't work for us

2. ? in the URL isn't accepted either (probably along with other similar characters.

• This is a limitation. We have some very long URL's that could do with being placed in here.

1. 63 characters isn't enough and redirection on the web server doesn't work for us

2. ? in the URL isn't accepted either (probably along with other similar characters.

Children
No Data