This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WAF, Activesync and Android devices

Hello all,

We have been trying to get WAF to work with our mobile devices and sync with Exchange 2016.

Everything works perfectly with IOS and Windows Phone however our Android devices are struggling with security certificate exceptions.

The devices work fine when talking directly to the Exchange Servers internally but as soon as they leave the premises and start coming though the UTM we are getting security errors.

I've had this raised with Sophos support who tell me our UTM is working as expected and this is a problem in the realms of Microsoft and Android. 

However I struggle to believe no other company or business are using Android phones through a UTM 9 device as we are?

If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd appreciate it as we are on the verge of giving up on using WAF for this.

Regards,

Chris.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Chris, and welcome to the UTM Community!

As you might suspect, the creators of the UTM were also an iPhone culture. [;)]

I don't know much about Android or Microsoft phones, but that error makes me think that you might need How to use your own HTTPS Proxy CA certificate on the Astaro Security Gateway.

If that works, it would be worth sending that info to Sophos Support as a response to their last email to you on this subject.

Please let us know.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA