This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using UTM as a reverse proxy

Hello, guys!

I have a question regarding reverse proxy using the UTM:

Basically what I want to do is this:

I have a dyndns service.

I have a name e.g. server.dyndns.com

I have long ago configured WAF with a Virtual webserver and the real webserver and I can access it normally. What I wanted to do at the time is something additional:

On the same server I have a webinterface for a camera. This webui listens on port e.g. 5432. 

I wanted to type server.dyndns.com/camera and get redirected to server.dyndns.com:5432. This was not possible until recently, when 9.5 came out.

So I had configured different hostnames on my dynamic dns account and have been using many virtual webservers and real servers in order to achieve what I wanted. So essentially, instead of having server.dyndns.com/camera I had server-camera.dyndns.com and I don't have to enter port numbers and don't need to open ports on my firewall

Today I upgraded to 9.502-4 and thought I should give it a try once more. So I went to Request Redirection and created a new entry:

Name--> Camera

Virtual webserver --> I selected the one that points to "server.dyndns.com"

path --> /camera

host --> The internal IP

path -->/

Protocol-->HTTP

Port-->5432

But It is not working. I enter the address on the browser and when I finally get gateway timeout I see it is trying to redirect to http://internalIP:5432 which will obviously not work

Now, if in host I enter my virtual webserver (server-camera.dyndns.com), it will obviously work, since it will redirect me to the current working address.

Or if I create a new NAT rule to open port 5432 and use server.dyndns.com in the host field it will redirect me to server.dyndns.com:5432 and should work normally again, but it will only save me from typing ports, but not from opening them.

Or am I misunderstanding something? 

What do I need to do?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Cheers,

Chris

This thread was automatically locked due to age.