This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom HTTPS port not showing up in URL

I am trying to publish an internal web server over the WAF. The setup is as follows:

• Internal name: server.company.local , reachable via Port 8089.
  • External name: server.company.com (I have a public DNS record pointing to my static public ip).
  • I've created a real webserver with the internal hostname / IP as the host, Type: HTTP and port 8089.
  • I've created a virtual webserver with type: 'HTTPS & Redirect', port 8089 and a valid letsencrypt certificate for the public name.

I can access the website and login, so that worked. The first problem was that any link on the website pointed to the internal hostname. I resolved this by activating "Pass host header" in the virtual webserver. Now the links point to the correct hostname but the custom port (8089) is missing so when I click on a link it tries to establish the connection via port 443. What am I missing?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What if you change the Real Server to work with 443 and leave the Virtual Server on 8089?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Good point, I can try that. Meanwhile I've managed to access the links by manually adding the port to the URLs and the site is all screwed up (landing and login page were fine). I think the Javascript on those pages might cause problems for the WAF (I did try rewrite HTML on/off and no firewall profile).

• Good point, I can try that. Meanwhile I've managed to access the links by manually adding the port to the URLs and the site is all screwed up (landing and login page were fine). I think the Javascript on those pages might cause problems for the WAF (I did try rewrite HTML on/off and no firewall profile).

Children
No Data