This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

URL redirect to an absolute URL (inc. query string)

I'd like to use the Webserver Protection module to handle a very specific redirection. Basically, we're in the process of preparing a multilingual site that will handle different domains internally, but until then I'd like to create a manual redirection for a specific domain to a specific URL (with query string).

In other words, I'd like to redirect mydomain.com to mydomain.pl/?lang=en

Alas, I can't seem to be able to do that; I wanted to use the Request Redirection section and a path of "/?lang=en", but then UTM informs me that this path contains invalid characters (it doesn't like the question mark).

So, can this be done, or do I need to spin up an IIS server internally solely to redirect requests?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

It won't be possible to do that from GUI options. However, you can modify the /var/chroot-reverseproxy/usr/apache/conf/reverseproxy.conf and the line RedirectMatch to do this. First, configure the request redirect without in the path and then modify the file and edit the line. 

Note: Please reach out to Sophos Support before trying this step if you have a licensed product. If you have a home license, feel free to try this as long as you are comfortable changing things back.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Thanks for the response. I'd try that, but we do have a Sophos licence, so as per your suggestion I'll contact them first.

Reply Children
No Data