This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Request Redirection - Domain Change?

Hi, I am trying to create a vanity URL that redirects domain, virtual directory and port as follows;

Virtual Webserver

• Interface: Internet
  • Type: Encrypted (HTTPS) & Redirect
  • Certificate: Commercial Wildcard
  • Domains: alpha.domain.com
  • No Real Webserver
  • No Firewall Profile
  • Advanced: Defaults

Site Path Routing:

• Path: /appfolder
  • Reverse Authentication: No Profile
  • Real Web Servers: Web App
  • No Access Control
  • Advanced: Defaults

Request Redirection:

• Source
    • Path: /
  • Target
    • Host: beta.domain.com
    • Path: /appfolder
    • Protocol: Encrypted (HTTPS)
    • Port: 8000
  • Reponse Code: 301

My aim is for the user to enter alpha.domain.com and get redirected to https://beta.domain.com:8000/appfolder

Instead, the browser is requesting https://alpha.domain.com:8000/appfolder

The web app has clickjack protection that accepts only the expected host header so this won't work. 

Am I doing something wrong or is what I want not possible?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks Douglas.

Got this working by removing the "Site Path Routing" entry for alpha.domain.com then creating a new Virtual Server/Real Server for beta.domain.com on port 8000.

The redirect works fine now and is reflected in the browser address bar - not sure removing the Site Path Routing was necessary or if a previous 301 setting was just being cached.

• Thanks Douglas.

Got this working by removing the "Site Path Routing" entry for alpha.domain.com then creating a new Virtual Server/Real Server for beta.domain.com on port 8000.

The redirect works fine now and is reflected in the browser address bar - not sure removing the Site Path Routing was necessary or if a previous 301 setting was just being cached.

Children
No Data