This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Resolving Visitor IP Address

Hi there,

I'm currently having some trouble with resolving the IP addresses of visitors to websites hosted on my web server.

I have a Server 2016 box running IIS, which I route through Sophos UTM's Web Server Protection on port 443. This is where I believe the problem lies, as I then route that traffic through the CloudFlare service. So, when somebody visits one of the websites I host, they go through CloudFlare -> Sophos UTM -> Web Server.

The problem I'm having is that the Web Server Protection logs are showing the source IP of visitors as IP addresses from CloudFlares IP range. I have tried making some changes with headers etc. but I just can't seem to get this to log the real IP address of the visitor. When I try to do this the other way round, e.g. display the visitors public IP address on the webpage in which they are loading, it will for some reason display the Sophos UTM's internal default gateway IP?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Richard

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi Douglas,

I have been trying to resolve this for so long now, and couldn't find a solution anywhere. Your solution has instantly resolved the problem, thank you! This problem has been driving me crazy for a good few days now, finally resolved!

Thanks again for your help on this.

Regards,
    Richard

Children
No Data