This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Public QNAP over WEB server SophoS UTM 9 with SSL certificate.

Hello,
First sorry for my english is not my native language.
Please advice about setting up a webserver on the Sophos UTM, for publishing my QNAP TS-853A.
I purchased an SSL certificate through myqnapcloud.com, set up port forwarding on my UTM, everything runs absolutely delicious.

But I want to set the Sophos UTM-used WEB-server, instead of port forwarded.
But I do not know how to get proper certificate into it, I do not use insecure http protocol.

Do you have experience with this ??

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I don't know what a QNAP is, but the process is same for any back-end device.

You need to export the certificate, with private key included, from the QNAP.   You will be prompted to assign a password to the file, which will be created in PKCS#12 format.  Then you import that certificate into UTM under Webserver Protection... Certificate Management... New Certificate... Upload Certificate.  UTM will ask for the password after the file is uploaded.

If you cannot export the certificate from QNAP, you will need to generate a CSR from a device that can, such as a Windows PC, then ask your vendor to do a certificate reissue.   Once the certificate is accepted onto that device, it can be exported out in PKCS#12 format.

• Hi Adam and welcome to the UTM Community!

Cheers - Bob
    PS I moved this thread to the Web Server Security forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA