Learn about the Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) . Turn your MFA on now!
Information: Three minute survey on Exploring more ways to contact Sophos Technical Supportt. If you can spare the time, we would love your feedback!
We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
I have successfully managed to allow access to a SharePoint 2010 website through Webserver protection. Users are presented with a login page and can logon to see the SharePoint site. However, when looking at a document library and clicking on the drop-down next to every document, it sticks on a 'Loading....' message. Has anyone successfully managed to get a SharePoint 2010 site working with full functionality?
Try a Google on:
site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/ "sharepoint 2010"
And then please let us know what solution was found.
Cheers - Bob
In reply to BAlfson:
I have done that already. I used those posts to get it working as I was initially having problems just logging in. But the drop-downs still do not work.
In reply to MJG:
What do you see in the WAF log when this occurs?
Annoyingly, nothing at all. You get the entries to show that I have accessed the page in question but when clicking on the document drop-down nothing extra appears in the logs.
That's frustrating. It doesn't sound like a mis-configuration. What does Sophos Support have to say about this?
I haven't logged a call with Sophos support as yet.
Might of cracked it though, as looking through the logs, it appeared it was accessing the site via it's internal IP address and not the FQDN. Tested internally and SharePoint does the same behaviour when accessed by its IP. So, within SharePoint I added a new Alternate Access Mapping with the IP address. And within Sophos I disabled the option to not pass the host header. This is OK for this one SharePoint site but we have numerous we wish to publish and they all have the same IP address, so further investigation needed.
Excellent! I was going to guess that you needed to change the 'pass the host header' setting, but I obviously forgot to mention it. Good work, MJG.