This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Connect to App Store Since Upgrading to iOS v11

Ever since upgrading our iOS devices to v11 they "Cannot Connect to App Store" when the connection is through our UTM. We are not experiencing any issues connecting these devices to the App Store through other non-UTM Internet connections.

There are no blocked packets in the Firewall logs and no blocked connection attempts in the Web Protection logs.

The "Apple Update [Allows Apple Update without content scanning side effects.]" Web Protection exception is enabled.

I'm running UTM v9.415-1 (and not interested in upgrading to v9.5 so please don't suggest that as a fix unless this is a known issue with v9.4).

Adding iOS devices to the "Skip Transparent Mode Source" list resolves the issue but is obviously a less than desirable solution.

I can't be the only one experiencing this issue. Please help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks James, this is the only solution that helped me.  I'd rather transparent proxy everything I can, so am keen to find out why proxying this host causes iTunes store to not be accessible.

• My iPhone XS (iOS 12.1.4) stopped wanting to download from the App Store.  Behind UTM 9.601, I solved the problem as did James Lee above.  Out of an abundance of caution, I added a Network Group to the Transparent mode Skiplist that included apptrailers.itunes.apple.com, iosapps.itunes.apple.com, ocsp.apple.com & updates-http.cdn-apple.com.  I noted that I had had several app updates that then were downloaded.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA