This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 50 Standard/Split Operation Mode let out my red LAN for public IP for dont apply the web filter polices

My XG XG230 received the RED 50 tunnel but the RED 50 are configure in Standart/Split operation mode to take advantage of my bandwidth in the site of this office.

What safeguard my REd LAN in this scenario ?

and What police apply for user dont access to blocks web ?

REgards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Ovidio, and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you want to have all RED-LAN traffic handled by the SG 230, you will need to add "Internet" to 'Split Networks' or change to "Standard/Unified."

Assuming that you have defined an interface named "Remote1," you need to add "Remote1 (Network)" to 'Allowed Networks' in both 'DNS' and a Web Filtering Profile.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Since this question is mostly about Web Protection, I'll move this thread to that forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Ovidio, and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you want to have all RED-LAN traffic handled by the SG 230, you will need to add "Internet" to 'Split Networks' or change to "Standard/Unified."

Assuming that you have defined an interface named "Remote1," you need to add "Remote1 (Network)" to 'Allowed Networks' in both 'DNS' and a Web Filtering Profile.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Since this question is mostly about Web Protection, I'll move this thread to that forum.

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Thanks , I'm trying added my Red Networks to split network and block the trafic with Enpoint Clients in my PCs.

• Ahhh... you didn't mention Endpoint before...

In the case where UTM Endpoint is deployed to the PCs behind a RED, you do not need to send their browsing traffic through the UTM to control it, so no 'Standard/Unified' or "Internet" in the tunnel is needed.  Please insert a picture of the Web Filtering Profile you're using to control these Endpoints.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA