This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Downloads from Microsoft fail with http 302 and 404

Trying to download web platforms for ISS from Web Platform Installer but the downloads keep failing. Tried this off network and know that it works so its something holding this up. I can download everything from direct links but at this point I'm trying to learn how to troubleshoot issues like this on the UTM. When downloading installers the following happens.

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Loading product xml from: go.microsoft.com/
DownloadManager Information: 0 : go.microsoft.com/ responded with 302
DownloadManager Information: 0 : Response headers:
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily

DownloadManager Information: 0 : download.microsoft.com/.../msodbcsql.msi responded with 404
DownloadManager Information: 0 : Response headers:
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

I've added exceptions for microsoft, added the source server as an exception in web filter and just completely turned web filter off and I still relieve the same error. From what I can see the link is redirecting to an xml file and as I can view the xml source when I directly go to the link. Any idea what my next skips would be to figure this out?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If the exceptions are working, it would behave the same as having UTM bypassed. 

The debug process:  

(1) open the live log for web filtering,

(2) enter the source IP address in the filter box and press <enter> to make it effective  (the displayed entries cannot be suppressed, even if you press reload, but you are only interested in the new entries that appear after the filter rule is entered.  To avoid confusion, it is best to use a different PC for the test than the one that is performing the test, otherwise the monitoring activity is part of the feedback loop.

(3) perform your test.    Log entry display is delayed by a few seconds from when the traffic occurs.

(4) Copy and paste the new log entries into a text editor and study them until you understand what is happening.   Look for action=(pass, block, warn) and statuscode=(http error code)

• If the exceptions are working, it would behave the same as having UTM bypassed. 

The debug process:  

(1) open the live log for web filtering,

(2) enter the source IP address in the filter box and press <enter> to make it effective  (the displayed entries cannot be suppressed, even if you press reload, but you are only interested in the new entries that appear after the filter rule is entered.  To avoid confusion, it is best to use a different PC for the test than the one that is performing the test, otherwise the monitoring activity is part of the feedback loop.

(3) perform your test.    Log entry display is delayed by a few seconds from when the traffic occurs.

(4) Copy and paste the new log entries into a text editor and study them until you understand what is happening.   Look for action=(pass, block, warn) and statuscode=(http error code)

Children
No Data