This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User Authenticator not running SG230

I restarted my SG230 and now I am unable to login via the UI.  I am receiving emails indicating the following:

User Authenticator not running - restarted Sophos 230

System Uptime      : 0 days 1 hour 10 minutes

System Load        : 0.18

System Version     : Sophos UTM 9.408-4 

Please refer to the manual for detailed instructions.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I have rebooted the SG a few times with no success?  

Thanks,

Colby

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Colby, this isn't something I remember seeing here.  I suspect you will need to get Sophos Support involved and that they will have you re-image from ISO, so, if you don't have a recent Configuration Backup, be sure to ask them to pull some off at the command line.

Before re-imaging, try restoring a recent backup.  Putting an unencrypted backup in the root directory of a USB memory stick, insert it in your UTM and reboot it.  If that fixes the problem and you can get into WebAdmin, restore the last backup made before the last series of Up2Dates was applied.

Good luck!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Colby, this isn't something I remember seeing here.  I suspect you will need to get Sophos Support involved and that they will have you re-image from ISO, so, if you don't have a recent Configuration Backup, be sure to ask them to pull some off at the command line.

Before re-imaging, try restoring a recent backup.  Putting an unencrypted backup in the root directory of a USB memory stick, insert it in your UTM and reboot it.  If that fixes the problem and you can get into WebAdmin, restore the last backup made before the last series of Up2Dates was applied.

Good luck!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Thanks for the reply.  I did open a ticket with Sophos.  3 weeks ago and still not response.  I ended up deploying my backup SG230 and restoring to it.  Then I did a reset from the command prompt to the failed unit.  This didn't work because the same issue occurred, I was unable to login to it after it came back online.  I opened another ticket with Sophos status Critical, and no response again.  I then decided to download the image and reinstall everything.  This worked.  No help from sophos at all, very disappointed in their Customer Service.  We will likely move away from sophos in the near future.  People complain about Cisco but any time I opened a ticket with them I had a response, live person on the phone withing 15 min, every time.   Thanks-Colby