This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Unblocked Games" - How to block "Google sites"

I've been asked to block games for some student accounts, which I've been able to achieve through the "games" category in Filter Actions and adding a few individual domains.  What I haven't been able to block are some "unblocked games" sites, especially ones that are on "Google sites" web sites.

If someone could tell me how (if it's possible) to block specific "Google sites" web sites I would be grateful.  I prefer to encourage students to use their time wisely of their own accord, but I've been asked to do what I can to make game sites unavailable.

Thanks,

Steve

[locked by: SupportFlo at 3:45 PM (GMT -7) on 11 Sep 2018]
[unlocked by: SupportFlo at 3:51 PM (GMT -7) on 11 Sep 2018]
[locked by: SupportFlo at 3:53 PM (GMT -7) on 11 Sep 2018]
Parents
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This reply was deleted.
  • This reply was deleted.

iZamir.Com is my dream project to provide valuable information to the reader in Pakistan like our recent guide about Best Solar AC in Pakistan .

• Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you are using Web Filtering in the Transparent mode, it's possible that Chrome and Android phones are accessing the server using UDP 443 instead of TCP 443.  You could create a firewall rule like 'Any -> {UDP 443} -> Internet : Drop' to force Chrome to use TCP.

If you are using the Proxy in Standard mode (explicit proxy), you can add UDP 443 to 'Allowed Target Services' on the 'Misc' tab of 'Filtering Options'.

In either case, you must not select 'Do not proxy HTTPS traffic in transparent mode' on the 'HTTPS' tab of the filtering Profile.

You should now be able to block that URL effectively.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you are using Web Filtering in the Transparent mode, it's possible that Chrome and Android phones are accessing the server using UDP 443 instead of TCP 443.  You could create a firewall rule like 'Any -> {UDP 443} -> Internet : Drop' to force Chrome to use TCP.

If you are using the Proxy in Standard mode (explicit proxy), you can add UDP 443 to 'Allowed Target Services' on the 'Misc' tab of 'Filtering Options'.

In either case, you must not select 'Do not proxy HTTPS traffic in transparent mode' on the 'HTTPS' tab of the filtering Profile.

You should now be able to block that URL effectively.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data