This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unblock URL behavior

A few questions about the user controlled URL unblocking:

• If I allow users to unblock URLS, how long do they stay unblocked for? Just that session, or permanantly? 
  • Can I see a list of all URLs that are currently unblocked?
  • Does it unblock it for all users, or just for that user/session? 
  • Is there a way for me to blacklist certain sites that shouldn't be unblocked?
  • How do I Re-Block a URL that has been unblocked

Thanks in Advance!
-Adam

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I think I saw here that an unblock is valid for 15 minutes for that user only.  You can see a report of unblock requests, but I don't think there's a "currently unblocked" list you can see.

I'd be interested for someone to experiment to see if putting a specific site in 'Always Block...' made it impossible for a user to unblock it.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I would wait on the final word on URL unblocking. It still has a few bugs that didn't make it to v8 GA. For example if you block a country, you still get an option to unblock if using the proxy. If you unblock, you will get another blocked message[;)] There is a mantis id for it and will be fixed but I think I would hold on testing on default behaviors till the update that fixes it.