This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flash Video not using Proxy settings

Just before I open an incident I wanted to check here how other users are handling Flash trying to go out the firewall directly (not allowed at this customer) instead of using the proxy.
They're trying to go to Favorite Poem Project
   http://www.favoritepoem.org/videos.html
the video is not displaying and the firewall is dropping connections on ports 443 and 1935 (RTMP Real-Time Messaging Protocol).
I'm not sure if the flash player (version 10.0.45.2) is trying through the proxy first, I'm checking the live log and I don't see any blocks.
Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jose,

by default Flash tries to connect directly to the internet, hence ignoring the proxy that is configured in the browser. If you google for "Hulu" and "proxy" you will find some good explanations for that [;)]

Unfortunatelly no real workaround for that as far as I know... maybe googleing will help you.

Christian
  • Hi Jose,

by default Flash tries to connect directly to the internet, hence ignoring the proxy that is configured in the browser. If you google for "Hulu" and "proxy" you will find some good explanations for that [;)]

Unfortunatelly no real workaround for that as far as I know... maybe googleing will help you.

Christian
Children
No Data