This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connection to server timed out

Hello, 

I saw several posts but I can't find the solution.

On my company's LAN, I cannot join the gestion.ekipea.fr,

and I can intermittently join the cahpp.eu.

On another LAN you can join without any problem the sites.

I used "Technical assistance for the strategy" and the site is authorized

The log :

2020:05:13-17:46:03 sophos-1 httpproxy[6922]: id="0002" severity="info" sys="SecureWeb" sub="http" name="web request blocked" action="block"
method="GET" srcip="192.168.17.26" dstip="37.58.199.78" user="" group="" ad_domain="" statuscode="504" cached="0" profile="REF_DefaultHTTPProfile
(Default Web Filter Profile)" filteraction="REF_DefaultHTTPCFFAction (Default content filter action)" size="2516" request="0x1b09dc00"
url="gestion.ekipea.fr/favicon.ico" referer="http://gestion.ekipea.fr/" error="Connection to server timed out" authtime="0"
dnstime="129" aptptime="66" cattime="91" avscantime="0" fullreqtime="60902172" device="1" auth="0" ua="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64)
AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36" exceptions="" category="105" reputation="neutral" categoryname="Business"

The filtering profile is transparent
I cleared the DNS cache.
I disabled the firewall on the computer.
I can't ping.
The traceroute leaves the LAN but does not succeed.
the DNS resolution is ok.
I don't know where it is blocked.

That depresses me.
Thank you

Sophie

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Sophie - bienvenue dans la communauté d’UTM !

I think the key to this is statuscode="504" - that indicates that you will want to create an Exception for antivirus scanning for gestion.ekipea.fr and cahpp.eu.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you will need to skip the Proxy for those sites.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I'm moving this thread to the Web Filtering forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello,

I don't know how to create an exception in for antivirus scanning. 

The antivirus is managed by Sophos central admin and I don't find.

I don't know, either, how to bypass the proxy for a site. 

I don't know sophos at all, I'm just starting out.

• The log line you gave in your original post above is from the UTM's Web Filtering log.  You don't need to worry about the Sophos Central administered Endpoint in your computer, just the settings in the UTM.  Create an Exception for Anti-Virus on the 'Exceptions' tab in 'Web Protection >> Filtering Options'.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, add DNS Group definitions for those FQDNs to the 'Transparent Mode Skiplist' on the 'Advanced' tab.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

the antivirus is not activated on UTM.

I searched but I really can't find where the "Advanced" tab and "Transparent Mode Skiplist" are.

I only found "Application Control Skiplist" and it doesn't work.

Regards Sophie

Reply Children