This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Filtering is blocking server status

I have a web hosting control panel behind the Sophos UTM. Since turning on Sophos Web Filtering, everything seems to be working except for the licensing of the control panel. The control panel reverted to the free edition because Web Filtering is blocking something. However, nothing shows up as being blocked in the Web Filter log nor any other log that I have checked.

Everything goes back to normal when I turn of Web Filtering.

I tried disabling antivirus scanning on the policy->filter action->Antivirus tab, setting every category action to allow, removed all blocked file extensions from the Downloads tab, and added an exception for all of the vendor's websites.

Maybe the control panel's call is getting out but the reply from the vendor is being blocked???

What else should I check. I'm out of ideas.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What happens if the IP of the control panel is listed as a source for which Transparent mode is not done?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

What happens if the IP of the control panel is listed as a source for which Transparent mode is not done?

Cheers - Bob

As a work around, I did add that IP to the Transparent Mode Skiplist (it works) but I wanted the traffic proxied so I can block some other, unnecessary telemetry that is being sent to the vendor. I just don't know where else to look since I did not find any blocks in the logs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sophos UTM 9.718-5 - Home User
    Virtual machine on Dell Optiplex 3070
    i3-9100 @ 3.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM

• BAlfson said:

What happens if the IP of the control panel is listed as a source for which Transparent mode is not done?

Cheers - Bob

As a work around, I did add that IP to the Transparent Mode Skiplist (it works) but I wanted the traffic proxied so I can block some other, unnecessary telemetry that is being sent to the vendor. I just don't know where else to look since I did not find any blocks in the logs.

Sophos UTM 9.718-5 - Home User
    Virtual machine on Dell Optiplex 3070
    i3-9100 @ 3.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Children
No Data