This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problema com Whatsapp web Sophos UTM 9

Good afternoon,

I have a Sophos UTM 9 System with several Social Network filters and group of sectors.

User is connected to a wired network, and uses the social network Whatsapp WEB ... I have a problem sending media via the WEB, by cell phone he normally sends the media, but via Whatsapp WEB he keeps loading but does not send ... I adopted a free access policy where there is no restriction and it worked normally but I cannot leave this policy to users because if I have no problems on the Network. I've already analyzed the filter in every possible way and I can't find where the Whatsapp Web block is ... I look forward to returning,

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • In the firewall the rule is defined with these ports

Eu coloquei um servidor no grupo de filtros que as estações usam, é notavel que a midia não envia pelo whatsapp web.

Filter group where the server is.

Here are the server log records, note that no blocking log appears, only access to the web.whatsapp ...

Do you need any more information?
    I'm desperate, can someone help me?

Children
  • Hello Vinicius,

1.) Firewall rules and webfilter rules are two complete separate things, although they play together.

2.) There is a "Live Log" under "Network Protection/Firewall" which shows you drops and rejects coming from the firewall ruleset.

3.) Your picture above shows an excerpt of the webfilter logs, which come from the webfilter profiles/actions.

So please, try to check the firewall log first, if there are no drops for your host.

Second, try to exclude 10.1.3.63 from the webfilter ruleset. Does it work then?

If you say "server", you mean this is a client to web.whatsapp.com?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.