This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Secure connection fails during scanning of executable

Web Proxy is set to standard mode. Web client is using proxy.

Everything works fine, but when downloading a executable from a SSL web site, the web page displayed during scanning fails with error "Secure Connection Failed".

The certificate I use for "Certificate for End-User Pages" under Misc-setting for Filtering Options uses the following Subject Alternative Name: DNS:utm.mydomain.se, DNS:passthrough.utm.mydomain.se, DNS:passthrough6.utm.mydomain.se, DNS:userportal.utm.mydomain.se

The URL to the utm is utm.mydomain.se

Firefox and other web readers have become harder to validate certificates. What can I do?

Must the proxy CA used in UTM have the IP-address 127.0.0.1 as Alternative Name?

Firmware version: 9.700-5
Using Firefox ESR

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Halloj Erik,

I've not heard of this before.  What do you see in the Web Filtering log when this occurs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Halloj Erik,

I've not heard of this before.  What do you see in the Web Filtering log when this occurs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Done some more testing. When disabling "Use a custom certificate for HTTPS pages" for Certificate for End-User Pages on Filtering Options Misc tab it works.

Using my certificate does not work, for some reason. I have set Subject Alternate Name according to online documentation. Apparently there is a cert error for me.