This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Filter Categories and Sub-Categories

In the Categories tab under Filtering Options, Web protection, you can edit categories and add pre-defined sub-categories into the categories. Is there a way to see what sub-categories are included under what categories, if indeed they are included? I've found several useful sub-categories that were not included under any of the categories. 

I added them into their applicable categories, but, aside from looking through each category, is there a way to see if or where each sub=category is included in a category?

Thanks,

John S. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The set of sub-categories is fixed.   The parent categories can be adjusted to rearrange the sub-categories.   And since they are both called "categories", the nomenclature is confusing.

The interface design is odd, because UTM allows you to configure a subcategory into zero, one, or multiple parent categories.  It is anyone's guess what UTM will do if you hit a website with no defined action or conflicting defined actions.

This solution is to build a spreadsheet to ensure that every sub-categories is included once and only once in a parent category.

I am a little alarmed to learn that some sub-categories have no parent category by default.   I do not think this was the case when I last rearranged my sub-categories many versions ago.  I need to go back through the list to ensure that I have no holes in my policy.

• The set of sub-categories is fixed.   The parent categories can be adjusted to rearrange the sub-categories.   And since they are both called "categories", the nomenclature is confusing.

The interface design is odd, because UTM allows you to configure a subcategory into zero, one, or multiple parent categories.  It is anyone's guess what UTM will do if you hit a website with no defined action or conflicting defined actions.

This solution is to build a spreadsheet to ensure that every sub-categories is included once and only once in a parent category.

I am a little alarmed to learn that some sub-categories have no parent category by default.   I do not think this was the case when I last rearranged my sub-categories many versions ago.  I need to go back through the list to ensure that I have no holes in my policy.

Children
No Data