This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding Target Service not working / handled by Web Protection

Hi all,

I'm currently on UTM version 9.700-5 and facing an issue where adding an allowed target service in Web Protection -> Filtering Options -> Misc won't work.

In my setup I've different LANs. Trying to access a device from my LAN to the device's lan using port 50505 (customly set) I get a timeout,  Web filtering log showing nothing but packet filter's dropping that packet.

I have another device on WAN side with the same port and the same issue.I added this specific port to the list of allowed target services (and applied).

Name:
Type Of definition: TCP
Destionation Port: 50505
Source Port: 1:65535

Both local networks are masqueraded (should affect only outbound packets, shouldn't it?)

No NAT rule between the local networks. Maybe I'm wrong but shouldn't the packet go through the web filter before going through the packet filter?

Kind regards,

LoD

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

The option Allowed Target service only works for Standard mode proxy and not the transparent mode. If you're using standard mode, you may add that destination LAN network in the exclusion list of proxy and configure a firewall rule on UTM 9 to allow the service for 50505 TCP port.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Thnx Jaydeep.

Switched to Standard mode and it's working now. I'm sure I never before had Standard mode active - because e.g. my TV can't handle Proxy configuration. Nevertheless I created an extra Web filter rule for that device.

Thnx again!

LoD

• Thnx Jaydeep.

Switched to Standard mode and it's working now. I'm sure I never before had Standard mode active - because e.g. my TV can't handle Proxy configuration. Nevertheless I created an extra Web filter rule for that device.

Thnx again!

LoD

Children
No Data