This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem With Web Filtering Profiles and Allowed Networks

I've recently setup a new network and a new web filter profile, into which I've added the network.  I've then place this profile above the other existing profiles, so that in theory, any clients on that network will get this profile.  However, I'm finding that any clients on this network do not get the correct profile but get a different profile for a different network/subnet than the one they are on.  If I disable the profile that they are getting applied, then the correct one kicks in.  I've always had this working properly before but in this instance I don't understand 1 - why the UTM is applying a profile to a client that's not part of it's allowed network and 2 - why does the correct profile kick in once I disable the incorrect profile, that's below it in the list?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I should add that both profiles are in transparent mode.  The one I want to apply doesn't have any authentication but the one that incorrectly gets applied has browser authentication.

Profile that should be applied

profile that incorrectly gets applied

• How about a line from the Web Filtering log where the incorrect Profile is used?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA