This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cannot use ip range in the web proxy allowed list

Hello,

i need to configure the web proxy based on SEVERAL IP ranges as allowed network list, but when i try to drag those ranges it does not allow me.

so as a workaround i created a network group and dragged the address range inside, so far so good but when i try to enable the policy it throws all kinds of errors in the bottom:

Web Protection → Web Filter Profiles → Filter Profiles:
The web filtering profile object cannot use range objects for the allowed network list attribute.

this is a very serious issue, essentially a system down condition as the system is unusable like this, ¿any idea how to make this work?, ¿or should i open a high priority support case?

something i would not even consider a workaround would be to define EACH IP in that range by hand and then group, but it's beyond idiotic as we're talking hundred of definitions and it's simply unacceptable.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • I waited over two years to start recommending Sandstorm, so my reputation as a curmudgeon is well established! ;-)

Still, Sophos should fix this bug/Lücke.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • the thing with sandstorm is that it's not part of any of the protection bundles or the fullguard bundle(which is kind of silly, considering that FG is supposed to have everything) sooo not a chance any customer is going to consider it(there's already hard to make them consider the regular bundles)

• FullGuard Plus is the new bundle that includes Sandstorm.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA