This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 - SSL Web Filter - Android 8 not working

Hello Guys,

I have SSL filtering enabled on my UTM, it's working flawlessly on PCs after importing the ca but I can't get it to work on any android 8 devices. I exported the UTM CA using PKCS#12 with a password, imported it into android and chrome as well but its still throwing errors on any ssl web I try to visit.

I've searched endlessly on forums but couldn't find any solution. Please let me know if anyone has any idea about how to get this to work?

Regards,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

convert the certificate to *.der and import it. This works fine for me.

• This drives me crazy.   Sophos should provide better options and better guidance about distributing the CA root certificate.

You MUST remove the private key before distributing the CA certificate.   Otherwise, every machine in your organization becomes a potential certificate issuer!

The easiest way to fix the problem is to import the key into a Windows PC (choose the option to permit export).  Then export it back out without the private key.   No password is requested or necessary when there is no private key.

Perhaps your Android did you a favor because it did not know how to prompt for the password, so it could not use the certificate. 

• Oh wow! It certainly is the sophos fault that they don't guide users through proper documentation. Yes, that finally worked for me! Thank you, Douglas!

P.S: android did prompt for the password and installed cert previously but it wouldn't go into the root certs instead user installed certificates.