This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

were are the web messages or templates ?

Hi guys

firts of all, id forgot to say thanks to Douglas Foster last time!!, this is the last question I made for this subjet

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/web-protection-web-filtering-application-visibility-control/103492/timed-out-conecction

So, can we Please reasume this subjet in another way because I think use tags work fine, but i would like to go back to the begining question, it’s some think i need to do for avoid troubles with users, they are watching the sophos template "Conection timed out" and they are calling me for do something

Il apprecciate if some of you could tell me how to edit those templates, were i can find the templates for edit them and put them in spanish , i wont do a job (solve the problem with the web page) if its not my trouble, if all those page´s have something wrong i am not gona solve the problem, they are not our web sites

So, main question: where are those templates (conection timed out, or conection reset by the peer etc.) in sophos utm 9.5? obviusly i already check in managment / customizacion / web templates and web messages, and they are not there

second question: can i just avoid sophos give a response in that cases? I prefer users watch some template by the web browser, not by sophos

thanks in advance for all of you guys

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • The overall error page is template and you can override it.  But the specific error messages are hardcoded english.  Potentially you could write some javascript that searches for specific English strings and converts them.

Go to Management, customization, web templates.

Now go to Help, and from that download the templates zip.  Read all the help.

Modify the error-template.html

I think that in your case the <?report?> field is filled with the English error string, which you then need to translate.

That being said, I think if you are getting a lot of timeouts when using the UTM and don't get the same timeouts when not using the UTM, there is something that you might be able to do to resolve that problem.

• ok, got it

i am not really get in to the html or javascript programing, but i have a partner for that just next to mi office, we wiill work toghether in this case, i already download the templates and i thinks its just what i looking for , so we gonna try and ill let you guys know how was it !!

thanks Michael Dunn