This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strange behavior with smart tv

Hello,

I have a Sony smart tv running in my network that's connected to the internet, can run apps, Netflix, etc. I'm encountering something strange with it since yesterday. To make sure I can run the apps and Netflix I've made a fixed netwerk entry from the DHCP server list and added that to Web Protection > Filering Options > Misc > Skip Transparant Mode ... This worked for a while (a bit more then a week), but suddenly stopped working and all apps disappeared, app connections where not possible and Netflix from the smart tv can not be reached.

When I removed the fixed entry from network definitions, I got a warning message stating the same entry was also fixed (I guess it means the mac address) to a different IP address from the internal network. But I cannot find that IP address in my network lists (also cannot ping it), and a lookup on the smart tv revealed that this ip address is not used from the tv too. After removing the fixed entry the smart tv can reach and install all apps and Netflix starts, but hangs on 25% when loading something. The same behavior I found before I added it to Skip Transparant etc.

After making a new fixed entry in network definitions, I'm getting the same behavior as  described above. I'm stumped, it looks like the mac address of the smart tv is somehow stuck on a non existing IP address?? Is there a way to flush things so it's not stuck anymore?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Create a host outside DHCP pool.

Skip that host from Transparent Web Filter

Create a rule in the Firewall to allow that host reach any service to any and thats it

Is not Sony or UTM problem. Check Date/time on Sony just to be sure

• Create a host outside DHCP pool.

Skip that host from Transparent Web Filter

Create a rule in the Firewall to allow that host reach any service to any and thats it

Is not Sony or UTM problem. Check Date/time on Sony just to be sure

Children
No Data