This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Filtering - Device OS not recognized / device-specific authentication not working

Hello community,

i have a problem with my apple ios devices.

As standard we use basic authentication fed by ms active directory groups.

So users usually have to type username and password of their ad-accounts.

Now we would like to let our apple ios devices online without authentication because the network where they come from is already secure and the devices have certificates and so on.

I wanted to use device-specific authentication and added ios devices with no authentication to the global web filtering lower right part.

Nothing happens and the devices still get their pop-ups.

As i understand this function the UTM should be aware what kind of devices tries to establish the connection.

So the device under it´s ip should be seen in the logs as device="4" for iOS-Device.

While checking the logs i saw, that all devices are regarded to as device="0" (unknown).

Am i missing a function anywhere? Why isn´t the UTM not device aware?

Maybe you can help...

ThanX

Marc

PS:

SG550

9.510-5

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Marc and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please show a picture of the Edit of the Profile for the IOS devices.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

thanks for the help!

Actually it runs through our "basic" default profile.

As i understood the manual you have the option to configure device-specific auth via
    two methods.

Web filtering or web filtering profiles.

There isn´t a specific Profile regarding the ios devices because they originate of the same network.

What makes me curios is the fact that no device or browser is recognized as device 1,4,3 or whatever.

The log shows the right vendor and browser for the devices but doesn´t use this information.

Greetz Marc

• Hi Bob,

thanks for the help!

Actually it runs through our "basic" default profile.

As i understood the manual you have the option to configure device-specific auth via
    two methods.

Web filtering or web filtering profiles.

There isn´t a specific Profile regarding the ios devices because they originate of the same network.

What makes me curios is the fact that no device or browser is recognized as device 1,4,3 or whatever.

The log shows the right vendor and browser for the devices but doesn´t use this information.

Greetz Marc

Children
No Data