This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9.509-3 - Webpage Timeouts in Chrome after upgrade 9.509-3 in transparent mode

Hi

Since upgrading to 9.509-3 I have been having difficulties with random websites (amazon, scan.co.uk and others)  timing out when using Google chrome. I've inspected the logs and cannot see any issues at all. I've cleared the cookies/cache, re-installed the browser but now exhausted my options. I am in no doubt the problem lies directly with chrome as the websites have no issues in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge.

My setup is;

SG-210 in Transparent mode with SSO and STAS configured

When the pages time out, the following is displayed;

This error is completely random and doesn't appear on other UTMs using older firmware. It seems to break for random websites whilst still allowing me to browse others. Everything was working fine up until the upgrade.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

does this behavior with Chrome browser only happen on web sites with TLS encrytion (HTTPS)? Are you using the SSL interception of the Sophos UTM? What kind of certificate are you using (self signed or from an internal known PKI)? Which version of Chrome are you using?

With every new version Chrome gets more and more sensitive regarding certificates so maybe there's an issue with the proxy certificate for the SSL interception.

Kind Regards

TheExpert

• Hi,

does this behavior with Chrome browser only happen on web sites with TLS encrytion (HTTPS)? Are you using the SSL interception of the Sophos UTM? What kind of certificate are you using (self signed or from an internal known PKI)? Which version of Chrome are you using?

With every new version Chrome gets more and more sensitive regarding certificates so maybe there's an issue with the proxy certificate for the SSL interception.

Kind Regards

TheExpert

Children
  • Hi There,

we have the same Problem. We are using an UTM SG 210 and we are not using the SSL interseption and we are only using the HTTP URL scanning. Any Brwoser is affected (Edge, IE 10, Firefox, Chrome). 

The Webprofile is disabled and and a Firewallrule as Workaround works for us temporary. Anything works without the Webprotection, so it is not an DNS or ISP Problem. But without Webprotection is not a good solution.

Regards 

Chris

• Hallo Chris and welcome to the UTM Community!

Can you show us the relevant line from the Web Filtering log when this occurs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA