This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Filtering - What is Virtual Extensible Lan

Good Evening!

I'm seeing a lot of traffic under webfiltering top applications called Virtual Extensible Lan. I'm trying to understand what this is and block it if it's trying to circumvent the policies I have in place. I tried blocking it anyway from application control but it had no effect. I tried looking through firewall and application logs and web filtering but nothing caught my eye. I tried capturing some suspect traffic but it didn't reveal anything. I tried to block some known ports at firewall for vxlan but that didn't seem to have an effect either.

I have the webfilter as transparent and doing https inspect on all categories (including vpn/anonymizer )  possible that don't break everything . 

Thank You!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It appears to be a new sort of virual lan that manufacturers of networking products are using to circumvent the security parameters of networks.  No one at Sophos seems willing to discuss this on these boards.  We are alone unless we purchase support from Sophos.  If you can afford do this, please do and get back to us.

• Hi folks,

you probably need to implement the Psiphon blocking KBA. The side effects are many because of the high number of NONE classified sites that users visit or are re-directed to.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi folks,

you probably need to implement the Psiphon blocking KBA. The side effects are many because of the high number of NONE classified sites that users visit or are re-directed to.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
No Data