This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating different messages for different policies in UTM 9.5

Hi Team,

I have a UTM 9.5 installed on a hyper-v instance.  I have created a new web filter profile and 3 policies under that profile. three policies were created for 3 different AD group users such as Fully allowed users, Senior managers, and users. All the other users which doesn't fall in to these groups are not allowed to use the internet. This is my current setup. I'm using standard operation mode with AD authentication. Every thing is working as expected. Now following is my issue....

whenever a user tries to access the internet who is not allowed to access the internet is showing a message "The specific website the user is trying to access is blocked by ABC pvt Ltd" this is the same message which other users also get when they try to access a blocked web site. what I want is to give a separate message when the authentication is failed.

Any idea how I can achieve this?

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Assuming for a moment you don't want to mess with how you do authentication, not really.

You have some ability to modify the block message, but it would be the same for all blocks.  Possibly you could do something with full customization, but you'd have to write the HTML yourself.

Go to Management, Customization.
    Web Messages allows you to edit the main body text.  The company text and Administrator info gets added to pages.
    Web Templates allow for a more full customization.  See community.sophos.com/.../118958 and download the samples.  Potentially you could do something here, but I think you might not have access to the username or whether they are authenticated or not.

So you could change the message to something like:
    You do not have permission to access the URL: http://poker.com
    Either you are not logged in or you are not allowed to visit Gambling sites.

• Assuming for a moment you don't want to mess with how you do authentication, not really.

You have some ability to modify the block message, but it would be the same for all blocks.  Possibly you could do something with full customization, but you'd have to write the HTML yourself.

Go to Management, Customization.
    Web Messages allows you to edit the main body text.  The company text and Administrator info gets added to pages.
    Web Templates allow for a more full customization.  See community.sophos.com/.../118958 and download the samples.  Potentially you could do something here, but I think you might not have access to the username or whether they are authenticated or not.

So you could change the message to something like:
    You do not have permission to access the URL: http://poker.com
    Either you are not logged in or you are not allowed to visit Gambling sites.

Children
No Data