This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RADIUS with W2012 R2 DC, Test always Fails with EBADAUTH (Windows Security Event 4776, Code 0xC000006A)

Hello,

I'm testing a SG230 with current Firmware 9.506-2 and can't get RADIUS Authentication working.

The authentication test from RADIUS server config settings always fails with error "EBADAUTH". The windows event logs of the DC are showing ID "4776" with errocode "0xC000006A" an ID "6273" with reasoncode "16".

The windows authentication errorcode "0xC000006A" means "wrong password". But when I test the authentication for example from AD Server config settings with same user and password this test succeeds.

Anyone else has problems testing RADIUS Auth? Does anyone know about special windows (security/policy) settings which must be active to get RADIUS auth with SOPHOS UTM working?

Best regards

Michael

--
P.S.: I don't think current firmware is responsible, didn't work with previous two firmware versions either.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Michael and welcome to the UTM Community!

Try a Google on:

site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f 2012r2 radius

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob, thanks for the tip. I googled already many threads with topic 'UTM & RADIUS' and found differend instructions for the configuration on the windows site. Some say you must enable 'no encryption' and 'PAP' in the network policy settings. Other say 'MS-CHAP' is required and so on... Unfortunately none of the settings i found so far did solve my problem.
  • Michael, you should contact Sophos Sales and ask for help from a pre-sales engineer.  They are uniformly very good and there is no charge for helping you decide to buy a UTM. [;)]

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA