This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN on Fedora Linux

Hi, I'm using sophos UTM 9.502-4.    I'm also running Fedora 26.   In the past I've been able to setup the SSL vpn in Linux using the Network Manager and importing the files.    Prior, when I would download the files from my client portal, it was always in a zip file giving me ovpn file to import (which never worked) or the cert files..

I noticed that when I download the file(s) for Linux, Mac OS X etc.   it is now only downloading the ovpn file.

Is there a way to get the zip file with the multiple files, or is there an another way to setup my vpn connection using the network manager.

I have openvpn packages installed already.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Instead of trying to download from the User Portal, Mike, go to 'Definitions & Users >> Users & Groups', tick the checkbox to the left of [Edit] beside your User object and select to download the SSL VPN from the 'Action' dropdown at the top of that column.  The other OS selection there includes certs and all.  Any better luck with that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks for the suggestion BAlfson, unfortunately it did not provide me the included certs and everything.

When I selected 'Configuration for Other OS'  a zip file did download, and included the following.

The root of the zip, a file called 'user_mail_addresses.csv' and a folder called 'config' inside the config folder the only thing is an ovpn file.

I also tried the other two options for Windows, and it had the same files, plus the setup.exe file.

• Hi Mike,

Sophos has changed the format for the ssl vpn client config. I've the same problem with updating windows clients. The new format includes the certs in the ovpn file. For new installations this will working. But existing installations have problems with the new format. The problem is that old installations have a sub folder under ...\config. The new installer just copy the ovpn file under config.
    I've created a case, but Sophos don't tell me a bug ID. The Sophos engineer tells me that he has forwarded this issue to development.
    Windows workaround is, delete the old config folder befor install the new update. Please create also a case.

regards

mod

• Ah, 9.502 - another bug.  It still works on 9.414.  Everyone should stay at 9.413.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children
No Data