This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SNMP Question: How can I see which VPN connection went down or up?

Hi

I  have an SG210 running 9.413.

I have set up SNMP to System Center Operations Manager, SNMP events are being logged and alerted as I have configured.  My question is:

1. I have the UTM alert when a S2S VPN goes up or down, however as far as I can tell there is no way of knowing which S2S VPN went up or down from the alert information.  Is this correct, or do I need to look harder (and if so where)?

2. The alert source appears as "webmail.mydomain.com", does anyone know where the UTM gets it's alert source name from?  I can't understand why it is listed as this in SCOM (unless that is a SCOM setting of some kind).

Many thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Gr33ny, sorry but I changed your title and moved this question to the VPN Forum.  Please ask your second question in an appropriately-titled thread in the Management Forum.

To my knowledge, the only thing you can do to find out which VPN went down/up is to search for the time of the notice in the IPsec log file or to look at the email notification.  I don't think the name of the VPN is a part of the MIB.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Gr33ny, sorry but I changed your title and moved this question to the VPN Forum.  Please ask your second question in an appropriately-titled thread in the Management Forum.

To my knowledge, the only thing you can do to find out which VPN went down/up is to search for the time of the notice in the IPsec log file or to look at the email notification.  I don't think the name of the VPN is a part of the MIB.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data