This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Ping OpenVPN client from the Firewall itself on Android, but OpenVPN on iOS works well

Hi Guys,

Just joined this community and this group.  So be patient for this noob here.  :)

I am currently doing a project which expects users to be able to remote access their VOIP system when they are out of office.  And this can be achieved supposed to be, by having a mobile VPN client on each user's phone.  They bought the project without working POC.

VOIP system (ALE) is working well.  I already configured and got Remote Access>SSL working.  I tested it with OpenVPN both iOS (iPhone 5c OS10) and ZTE phone (Android 4.4.2).  My SSL VPN pool is 172.16.200.0/22 and my local VOIP network is 172.16.16.0/21 (yeah its quite big!! ^^)

I have different experiences: when I run Open VPN SSL client on iOS, i can access imy voip server 172.16.16.2 without problems.  I can also ping my SSL VPN client 172.16.200.10 from my SG450 box.  Looks good.

When I run Open VPN SSL client on Android, i was not able to access the voip server 172.16.16.2.  I was not also able to ping the client 172.16.200.6 from the SG450 box.

I really need help, because almost 65% of users are Android users.  I need the Open VPN SSL to be working with our VOIP.  If you have another solution, just let me know.  

If there are also FW rules that needs to be done on UTM's end, I'm really open for suggestions.  Thank you very much.  :)

Rgds,

Dan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Dan, welcome!

Well, if the same SSL VPN works for an iOS device, the problem is most likely not with your UTM configuration. Also, android 4.4.2 is quite old. For the sake of isolating the issue, would you have a newer Android device to test from? I suspect that the problem is on the device, not the UTM.

Regards - Giovani

• Hi Giovani,

Thank you for your advice.  It worked!! Android 4.6.  Thank you very much.  

Now I have another problem, I will create another thread.  My VOIP over SSL VPN is only one way when I call users inside the network.  

Rgds,

Dan

Reply Children
No Data