This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I block an existing VPN user?

I am setting up VPN users via the User Portal.  Only users in the "VPN Group" are allowed to log into the portal.  Let's say that after a while, I wish to block an existing VPN user.  Is there a way to do this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • create a second group "UTM Portal access", if you wish to disallow Portal access but not VPN.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Sorry Dirk, but VPN users need portal access to download the VPN profile.

To block a user to use VPN (and that's his question) it is just needed to delete him from the VPN-AD-Group. After this moment he gets access to the portal, but has no option to download the VPN profile. And also no VPN login to the UTM.

We practice that since about 2 years with different AD-Groups and different VPN permissions without any issue.
    In our case, all AD-users are allowed to access the portal, but only users in the (different, we have 12) AD-VPN-Groups see the option to download a VPN profile.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
    Manu

- CISO -
    - Sophos SCA & Partner-

• Sorry Dirk, but VPN users need portal access to download the VPN profile.

To block a user to use VPN (and that's his question) it is just needed to delete him from the VPN-AD-Group. After this moment he gets access to the portal, but has no option to download the VPN profile. And also no VPN login to the UTM.

We practice that since about 2 years with different AD-Groups and different VPN permissions without any issue.
    In our case, all AD-users are allowed to access the portal, but only users in the (different, we have 12) AD-VPN-Groups see the option to download a VPN profile.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
    Manu

- CISO -
    - Sophos SCA & Partner-

Children
No Data