This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to add additional connections to the SSL VPN Client?

We need to add/change a SSL VPN connection for a client due to a URL change.    Is this possible in the SSL VPN Client?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The client does support multiple different accounts (and/or presumably different UTMs), if that is what you're asking.

For example, I have 2 accounts setup, each with it's own separate certificate downloaded through the User Portal. We do this for various testing purposes.

• So if they logon to the User Portal with the new URL it should add the connection automatically?

• Hi, Jeff, and welcome to the UTM Community!

It's not clear what you're asking.  What have you changed?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • They were using a dynamic DNS fqdn to access their SSL VPN which made no sense since they do have a Static WAN IP address.... their previous support people cancelled the DYNDNS account without telling anyone.    We do have access to their DNS and put in a FQDN to access the UTM.    I am wondering what is the easiest way to add that connection.    

This is the only Sophos client we have right now (sorry folks I have been using SonicWalls for years) and I don't see an easy way to add a connection unless the users themselves go to the portal log in and do an install which will add and additional connection.   

• I believe the answer is YES - if you reconfigure SSL VPN on the UTM, then next time a user downloads from the User Portal, they should get the config with the updated info.

You can also install multiple profiles by visiting the User Portal for separate UTM's and they will automatically appear in a menu to the user (this also happens if the user downloads multiple account profiles for the same UTM).

• you can manually add configs under this folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config

- end the ssl vpn cleint

- copy your existing folder and rename it

- edit your ovpn file with the needed settings (maybe just to change the hostname)

thats not the supported way ;-) i have used this way to quickly change the login ip to another one due to new ip-adress..

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• you can manually add configs under this folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config

- end the ssl vpn cleint

- copy your existing folder and rename it

- edit your ovpn file with the needed settings (maybe just to change the hostname)

thats not the supported way ;-) i have used this way to quickly change the login ip to another one due to new ip-adress..

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

Children
No Data