This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Personal Mobile VPN

Would like to set up a VPN profile so when I'm on a public network with my iOS device I can pass all my traffic through my home gateway.  I can't figure out the settings to make this work.  When I set up the default VPN it works fine for getting to my LAN behind the Astaro but when I add Internet to the VPN profile everything breaks.  Basically I just want tunnel all traffic (not just LAN but internet too) back to my house and then out to the appropriate place so to a sniffer on the public network it appears to heat be https traffic to my home.  One potential complication that is maybe causing my issue or may be unrelated: the Astaro is behind a Verizon router running NAT.   (Sp there is a double-NAT to my protected LAN). Any help would be much appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • You don't say which Remote Access Server you're trying to reach.  I prefer to use the SSL VPN with the OpenVPN app on my iPhone.  The double NAT shouldn't bother it.  Put your LAN and the "Internet" object in local networks.

You also will need to add appropriate firewall rules and a masq rule.  If you want the web surfing traffic to go through Web Filtering, add "VPN Pool (SSL)" to 'Allowed networks' there.  Better luck now?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You can follow this guide. It has complete instruction for both iOS and Android