This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL Client automated install over SCOM

Is SSL VPN client any way connected with user x.509 certificate?

Can we deploy and install one SSL Client over SCOM or other automated client install sw or user MUST connect with it’s account to WebPortal?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • So, basically install default and run

REM Remove the config for the users who created "setup.exe"
    rmdir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config\" /S /Q

REM Change permissions on the config folder so that users can install their on certificate
    cacls "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config" /t /e /g Everyone:f >nul
  • So, basically install default and run

REM Change permissions on the config folder so that users can install their on certificate
    cacls "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config" /t /e /g Everyone:f >nul
Children
  • For me it was necessary to do the setup /S within the batch file. It requires a privately signed VPN driver. Which is why I pushed out the certmgr.exe command along with it. It applies the certificate before it installs the driver. Which then means it doesn't have to ask if it's trusted. You could do this with group policy as well.

We have been running with this script for about 2 years now with no issues. You can definitely try and break it apart though if you would like.

In SCCM I create a Package (not an application), that pushes out the batch command with admin rights. (see attached screenshots)

"\\installs\SophosVPN\certmgr.exe" -add "\\installs\SophosVPN\sophos.cer" -c -s -r localMachine TrustedPublisher >nul
    "\\installs\SophosVPN\setup.exe" /S

[:D]oUntilLoop2
    tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq setup.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "setup.exe" >NUL
    if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" GOTO DoUntilLoop2

REM Copy a shortcut over because it usually doesn't copy itself
    xcopy "\\installs\SophosVPN\Sophos" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sophos\" /y /e >nul

REM Change permissions on the config folder so that users can install their own certificate

--------------------
    Private: 1 Mini ITX (EMB-CV1), Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual Core CPU, 8GB RAM, UTM 9.3 Home License, AP100
    Business: 2 UTM320 in HA (Active/Passive), Full Guard, 7 AP50's, 1 AP100