This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If you don't need public resolution, you don't need your own domain name. It certainly makes things easier to do and clarifies things for others.

If you don't want to buy a domain name, you can use one of the free dynamic DNS services (not DynDNS) to get a publicly-resolvable FQDN that you can use as the hostname of your UTM. Don't forget to configure the UTM on the 'DynDNS' tab of 'Network Services >> DNS' to keep your new FQDN updated with your public IP.

For the best of both worlds, get a domain name and then create a CNAME record for utm.domain.org that refers to your dynamic FQDN.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • If you don't need public resolution, you don't need your own domain name. It certainly makes things easier to do and clarifies things for others.

If you don't want to buy a domain name, you can use one of the free dynamic DNS services (not DynDNS) to get a publicly-resolvable FQDN that you can use as the hostname of your UTM. Don't forget to configure the UTM on the 'DynDNS' tab of 'Network Services >> DNS' to keep your new FQDN updated with your public IP.

For the best of both worlds, get a domain name and then create a CNAME record for utm.domain.org that refers to your dynamic FQDN.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data