This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Unfortunately, no, I wasn't able to get it to work and wound up doing a full, re-install from scratch.

As a side note, I really can't stress enough the importance of Bob's rule of having a fully resolvable FQDN.  I wound up using "utm.internal" as my FQDN and still get certificate issues with Outlook trusting my certificate, even though I've added my certificate to Window's certificate store a hundred times.  I don't know if I should have used an FQDN such as "mail.utm.internal" or "www.utm.internal" or if it's because "utm.internal" is not an actual registered domain.  In hindsight, I think I probably should have just bought an actual, registered domain from Godaddy, etc for a few bucks a year and could have saved myself a lot of aggravation and had everything work as it should.  If anyone has any quick suggestions on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

- Ben
  • Unfortunately, no, I wasn't able to get it to work and wound up doing a full, re-install from scratch.

As a side note, I really can't stress enough the importance of Bob's rule of having a fully resolvable FQDN.  I wound up using "utm.internal" as my FQDN and still get certificate issues with Outlook trusting my certificate, even though I've added my certificate to Window's certificate store a hundred times.  I don't know if I should have used an FQDN such as "mail.utm.internal" or "www.utm.internal" or if it's because "utm.internal" is not an actual registered domain.  In hindsight, I think I probably should have just bought an actual, registered domain from Godaddy, etc for a few bucks a year and could have saved myself a lot of aggravation and had everything work as it should.  If anyone has any quick suggestions on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

- Ben
Children

Thanks,

- Ben

Ben, did you add it to "Trusted Root" folder? I believe it needs to be in "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" folder. 

A nice workaround I found in the help documents: your clients behind UTM can download the appropriate certificate if they point their browser to http://passthrough.fw-notify.net/cacert.pem

That URL is captured by UTM and it serves .PEM file to the user.