This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just to clarify:

Is the restore to be performed after a "fresh installation" of the UTM from a DVD, etc?

Here's the sequence I've been following:

-  From WebAdmin, perform a backup with Unique Site Data removed
    -  From WebAdmin, restore the backup that was just made
    -  After the restore completes, WebAdmin logs out, then the Basic System Setup screen appears in WebAdmin (that I showed in my previous post)
    -  Fill out the Basic System Setup screen in WebAdmin (as shown in previous post) and press the [Perform basic system setup] button
    -  System "hangs" with no network or internet access on any attached devices
    -  After 30 minutes waiting for system to reboot, I performed a hard reboot (I timed it this time)
    -  System rebooted "normally" and normal CLI login prompt appears with correct IP address of UTM on a monitor that I have directly attached to the UTM PC
    -  No PC's on network are pulling static IP's or dynamic DHCP assigned addresses and no internet access (waited for 10 minutes and no changes)
    -  Using a keyboard and monitor attached directly to UTM PC, login as "root" on CLI
    -  From CLI, using keyboard and monitor attached directly to UTM PC, performed a manual restore of the last good backup using "backup.plx -n cfg_***xx_*********x -i"
    -  After CLI manual restore completed, performed a hard reset of the UTM PC
    -  After UTM reboot completed, system and network back up operating as normal.

Am I missing a step somewhere or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ben
  • Just to clarify:

Is the restore to be performed after a "fresh installation" of the UTM from a DVD, etc?

Here's the sequence I've been following:

-  From WebAdmin, perform a backup with Unique Site Data removed
    -  From WebAdmin, restore the backup that was just made
    -  After the restore completes, WebAdmin logs out, then the Basic System Setup screen appears in WebAdmin (that I showed in my previous post)
    -  Fill out the Basic System Setup screen in WebAdmin (as shown in previous post) and press the [Perform basic system setup] button
    -  System "hangs" with no network or internet access on any attached devices
    -  After 30 minutes waiting for system to reboot, I performed a hard reboot (I timed it this time)
    -  System rebooted "normally" and normal CLI login prompt appears with correct IP address of UTM on a monitor that I have directly attached to the UTM PC
    -  No PC's on network are pulling static IP's or dynamic DHCP assigned addresses and no internet access (waited for 10 minutes and no changes)
    -  Using a keyboard and monitor attached directly to UTM PC, login as "root" on CLI
    -  From CLI, using keyboard and monitor attached directly to UTM PC, performed a manual restore of the last good backup using "backup.plx -n cfg_***xx_*********x -i"
    -  After CLI manual restore completed, performed a hard reset of the UTM PC
    -  After UTM reboot completed, system and network back up operating as normal.

Am I missing a step somewhere or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ben
Children
No Data