This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • After pressing [Perform basic system setup], you have to wait a minute or so, Ben.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • After pressing [Perform basic system setup], you have to wait a minute or so, Ben.

Cheers - Bob

Thanks Bob.

Does this restore take longer than normal?

When I've previously restored, it usually does take a minute or two before the system reboots.  However, this time the system sat for 10 or 15 minutes (I didn't time it exactly) before I did a manual, hard reset.

Also, the last time I did the CLI restoration of the last good backup (immediately after a hard reset following a "hung" restore), the system didn't even reboot at all.  Immediately after I did the CLI restore, I had "top" open and was just monitoring things, when after a few minutes, I noticed that my other PC had pulled its static address from the UTM and had connected to the internet and was downloading email (all without my intervention and without a reboot of the UTM).

Thanks,

Ben

Cheers - Bob

Thanks Bob.

When I've previously restored, it usually does take a minute or two before the system reboots.  However, this time the system sat for 10 or 15 minutes (I didn't time it exactly) before I did a manual, hard reset.

Also, the last time I did the CLI restoration of the last good backup (immediately after a hard reset following a "hung" restore), the system didn't even reboot at all.  Immediately after I did the CLI restore, I had "top" open and was just monitoring things, when after a few minutes, I noticed that my other PC had pulled its static address from the UTM and had connected to the internet and was downloading email (all without my intervention and without a reboot of the UTM).

Thanks,

Ben
Children
  • Thanks Bob.

Thanks,

Ben

doing the restore by cli isn't recommended..but if it works.  I have always used the webadmin to do a restore but i have never done it at system initialization.  I go through the entire setup and setup the internal nic.  Once that is done THEN do the restore from inside the webadmin doing the other way tends to not work...so ignore the system backup at initial bootup.  So basically a dummy setup with the internal nic set so you can access it and then do the restore from there.  Give things a few minutes to propagate.

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow