This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • When you restore a configuration backup, you are logged out of WebAdmin.  When the backup doesn't contain site-specific data, the next connection to WebAdmin presents you with the first screen of the Installation Wizard where you give the UTM a hostname that must be an FQDN resolvable in public DNS to the IP of the External interface.

After the UTM comes up, you must re-assign the Address(es) on the interfaces, taking care to change the Internal interface last if necessary.  You also may need to enable any site-to-site VPNs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • When you restore a configuration backup, you are logged out of WebAdmin.  When the backup doesn't contain site-specific data, the next connection to WebAdmin presents you with the first screen of the Installation Wizard where you give the UTM a hostname that must be an FQDN resolvable in public DNS to the IP of the External interface.

After the UTM comes up, you must re-assign the Address(es) on the interfaces, taking care to change the Internal interface last if necessary.  You also may need to enable any site-to-site VPNs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children

Cheers - Bob

Will this keep any RED settings or will that need to be recreated?  Specifically will the RED itself no longer recognise the UTM?