This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I fixed all my issues by doing a backup of the new firmware without the site specific data (certs, etc) and then restoring it. Then just walking through the initial setup really quickly and everything worked great and I didn't have to start from scratch. I have a lot of firewall/nat rules so that would have been a pain. I really suggest doing it this way since it will re-create all the certs for you.

Bravo, slickone27!  Great news!  I hadn't heard of anyone trying this before.  I've linked to your post above in The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Bravo, slickone27!  Great news!  I hadn't heard of anyone trying this before.  I've linked to your post above in The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Thanks! I figured I would give it a try and see if I could avoid re-creating all the NAT / FW rules I have and thankfully it worked.

...And on a side note if anyone is looking for good hardware to run this on the Shuttle DS61 mini system with an i3 and 4gb of RAM doesn't even break a sweat running with EVERYTHING enabled (IPS etc) and I get full speed with my FiOS 150/65 service. And it is small enough to fit almost anywhere. I have mine in my media box which is inside a closet...
  • Bravo, slickone27!  Great news!  I hadn't heard of anyone trying this before.  I've linked to your post above in The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Thanks! I figured I would give it a try and see if I could avoid re-creating all the NAT / FW rules I have and thankfully it worked.

...And on a side note if anyone is looking for good hardware to run this on the Shuttle DS61 mini system with an i3 and 4gb of RAM doesn't even break a sweat running with EVERYTHING enabled (IPS etc) and I get full speed with my FiOS 150/65 service. And it is small enough to fit almost anywhere. I have mine in my media box which is inside a closet...
Children
No Data