This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

I have a support case open on this very issue..right now they are trying to figure out what's going on..it's preventing me from regenerating the ssl remote access which takes out the html5 and ssl vpn options which this client uses muchly.

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

• I have a support case open on this very issue..right now they are trying to figure out what's going on..it's preventing me from regenerating the ssl remote access which takes out the html5 and ssl vpn options which this client uses muchly.

ok i restored the 9.109 config backup to my 9.2ga and that got the error solved.  Now you HAVE to do some cli stuff to properly regen the webadmin cert.  If you don't then all of the other certs also aren't properly regened either.  here's the link to the procedure you have to do first.  I have confirmed with Support this procedure MUST be done first.

Heartbleed: Recommended steps for UTM

Other addons to follow

• I have a support case open on this very issue..right now they are trying to figure out what's going on..it's preventing me from regenerating the ssl remote access which takes out the html5 and ssl vpn options which this client uses muchly.

ok i restored the 9.109 config backup to my 9.2ga and that got the error solved.  Now you HAVE to do some cli stuff to properly regen the webadmin cert.  If you don't then all of the other certs also aren't properly regened either.  here's the link to the procedure you have to do first.  I have confirmed with Support this procedure MUST be done first.

Heartbleed: Recommended steps for UTM

Other addons to follow

Children
No Data